The committee is made up of volunteers, and the junior age groups are run by managers who are often (but not always) the parent of a child in the same group. They manage the entire age group - not just the A team - and in that capacity they:
- run coaching sessions
- organize the friendly fixtures
- run fixtures themselves
- make sure that responsible adults are available to run fixtures in their absence
- co-ordinate with the other managers and coaches in the age group to ensure that all the children are getting the right opportunities for their abilities
- communicate with parents on matters relating to selection
- match arrangements and other admin
- run the midweek training sessions
- run the pre-season squad training
- attend the junior committee meetings.
Any help is very welcome, and in many cases you don't need to have any knowledge of cricket to help out.
We value our volunteers in whatever capacity they choose to help the club, whether it be team management, coaching, scoring, umpiring, helping with the admin, fundraising, or simply helping with lifts to and from the ground.
If you can help in any way please contact the relevant age group manager or junior chairmen directly (all contact details can be found here).